The weeks aim to encourage initiatives and activities to address problems, or celebrate success, within your club or community. They allow us to join together across Europe to present a unified stand. Alongside activities by professional clubs and leagues, such as the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League, the weeks give fans, minority groups and grassroots clubs the opportunity to celebrate the inclusive power of the game.
If you are a fan group or a community organisation, you might develop one of the following actions:
- Organise a fan choreography inside your stadium
- Distribute anti- discrimination materials at a game
- Develop an education workshop to be given by fans to schools in your area
- Work with minority groups in your area on a joint project
- Work with players (or ex-players) to hold an event
- Develop a small exhibition celebrating the diversity of fans, and black and minority players at your club
- Hold a fans forum with minority groups
- Organise a flash mob in a public place in your town
- Invite minority groups that are under-represented amongst your fans to a game
From August 1st you can apply for a €400 grant to help your activities, the English online form can be found here.The deadline to submit applications is 16 September 2011. For more informations and details on the FARE Action Week 2011 please contact info(at)farenet.org. We are looking forward to learning about your ideas, initiatives and activities.
16.08.2011, By: FairPlay-vidc/FARE, Wien/London
Join the FARE action weeks 2011 12 – 25 October 2011